Contract Administrative Assistant needed immediately for a local Interior Design company experiencing rapid growth. This position is self-directed and will start with part time contract work. Applicants must be willing to work in a fast paced work environment with high levels of attention to detail. This position reports directly to the owner of the company and has opportunity to grow into more permanent employment as the company grows.
Sample responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
• Order samples from vendors and handle presentations creation activities
• Assist interior designers with creating digital board based on designer selection
• Create specifications manuals and packages for subcontractors
• Provide design, clerical and administrative support to interior designers
• Manage design libraries of resources and maintain files and binders
• Check receipt of merchandise and sign for packages
• Assist interior designers with marketing developments and associated activities
• Act as a bridge between interior designers, vendors, and contractors
• Assist in handling communication with clients through telephones, emails and official letters
• Manage tracking hours for Principal and Lead Designers
• Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant
• Associates Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Self-Directed and Quick to Learn
• Passionate about Interior Design and ability to look into market trends
• Social Media skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to work with a team
• Comfortable wearing different hats and rolling with what the daily needs are
• In office two days a week with potential for more as work permits
• Ability to track hours according to project/client
• Understanding this is a contract work; Assistant is responsible for reporting and paying their own taxes
• Ability to read plans is a plus, but can be taught to the right candidate.
This is a great opportunity for a design student or someone who is passionate about design but loves organization and administrative work. Please review the above information and submit your resume for review with the subject "I LOVE DESIGN". Only candidates who follow these instructions will be considered.
Pay: DOE, Please include preferred hourly wage.